3/15/11

Remove Your Blinders Part 2

I was just staring out the showroom window on some random summer day. The weather was beautiful and there were three separate barbeques going on across the street at the park. The sun was shining without a cloud in the sky and I was stuck making cold calls in the poorly air conditioned confines of the car dealership. Normally, the A/C was top notch, but it was hard for the General Manager to justify keeping his salespeople cool when there were no customers in the showroom.
On that day, at that point in time, it dawned on me that I was miserable. I would like to say that I quit right away, shortly after giving an inspirational "Fuck You" speech to my manager. I would've, but I had a couple appointments lined up for later on that afternoon and bills had to be paid. I did, however, make a visit to Sierra Vista's locally acclaimed community college, a visit that would set in place a series of events that would eventually lead to a higher attainment of spiritual calm and overall life satisfaction. I did not know this at the time, but I had set out on a path in which all wordly pleasures and treasures would soon be placed conveniently within my reach.....

No comments:

Post a Comment