3/9/11

REMOVE YOUR BLINDERS part 1

     When I reached the tender age of 19, I was introduced to the exciting world of automobile sales.  From the inception of my adult being, I was molded (brainwashed) to be quite the exceptional salesman.  I like to say that after eight years of toiling away at the car grind, I earned a PhD from the "School of Hard Knocks".  I was quite vicious and had no qualms about squeezing every last drop I could from a customer, regardless if they were some yuppie prick or a nice old lady.  I did everything short of hold a customer upside down and shake them for whatever change they had in their pockets to add to the already astronomical down payment.  To me, it was never personal, just business.  Cliche, I know.  Besides, if I didn't do it, the guy down the street will.  That was my justification.
     The point of all this is that I made alot of money and even became a used and new car sales manager by the age of 22.  I had a nice house (rented), and a sweet Corvette (72 month financing), and a brand new Suzuki GSXR motorcycle (60 month financing).  I wore the nicest clothing and had a set of diamond earrings that would make Ochocinco proud.
     Unfortunately, something really crucial was missing.  My motorcycle stayed in the garage most of the time while my Corvette was used only to go back and forth to work.  My house was not really my house and I soon began to realize how foolish I looked with those stupid earrings on.  I was working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day.  From Fall to Spring,  I would arrive at the dealership while it was dark and leave the dealership while it was dark.
    I was always way too tired to pursue a girlfriend, much less a fuck buddy.  Hell, I didn't even  have the energy to choke the chicken by the time I got home.  I did manage to squeeze out some relationships and even a few one night stands, but for a young man with almost everything (material), they were too few and far between.  In reality, things were not so great.  I began to slowly realize that I had equated money and material things with happiness and well being.  Something had to change and it did.  To be continued......
   

No comments:

Post a Comment